Match day 30 kicks off properly on Friday June 19, 2020. All eyes would be on the second game of the day between Tottenham Hotspur and Manchester United.
Jose Mourinho would be going head to head against his former club on Friday night in a must win game at Tottenham Stadium.
Manchester United who are 5th on the Premier League table are just 4 points ahead of Tottenham who are 8th.
Spurs have most of their key players back in the squad and are fit for selection, although Dele Ali is facing ban due to a social media post he made mocking Coronavirus.
Jose Mourinho has confirmed star striker Harry Kane who just recovered from injury would start today’s game as well as influential South Korean winger, Heung Min Son.
While all eyes may be on Harry Kane and Heung- min Son, the return of Moussa Sissoko could be key.
For Manchester United, English youngster Marcus Rashford is back with the side as well as French Midfielder Paul Pogba.
The excitement for Manchester United faithful is to see the linkup between Paul Pogba and January signing Bruno Fernandes.
Defenders Axel Tuanzebe and Phil Jones are still out injured.
The last meeting between both clubs was on the 4th of December last year, Marcus Rashford brace helped Manchester United edge Tottenham 2 -1.
Mourinho would be hoping for a change in fortune this time around as the fight for top 4 intensifies.
Prior to the big game this evening, we would be looking at a combined XI of Manchester United and Tottenham.
It’s has not been the best of seasons for both clubs goal keepers but David De Gea slightly edges out Hugo Illoris due to his quality.
In center of defense, Manchester united pairing off Harry Maguire and Victor Lindelof get the nod as center backs.
Ivorian Serge Aurier is our right full back while Englishman Luke Shaw is our left back.
One of the many players who have improved under the guidance of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, Brazillain Fred starts in Midfield.
The dream Manchester United fans partnership of Portuguese Bruno Fernandes and French man Paul Pogba also gets picked in our selection.
In attack Manchester United leading goal scorer this season, Marcus Rashford is on the left wing, on the right wing we have high flying South Korean winger, Heung Ming son.
Unsurprisingly, Spurs danger man Harry Kane is the lone striker up front.
The team in Full: DeGea, Maguire, Lindelof, Aurier, Shaw, Fred, Pogba, Fernandes, Son, Rashford, Kane.
KEY STATS AHEAD OF THE GAME
* Tottenham are winless in their last six games in all competitions.
* No side has kept fewer clean sheets in the Premier League than Tottenham this season (4). The last time they had kept as few clean sheets after 29 league games was in 2006/07. They have kept four league clean sheets this season, the joint fewest in the division.
*Spurs have never won a competitive match in June. most recently losing last season’s Champions League final against Liverpool.
* Jose Mourinho has lost all three of his league games as Spurs head coach against sides he has formerly managed.
*Harry Kane has scored just twice in 11 Premier League appearances against United. Kane’s ratio of a goal every 457 minutes is his worst against any Premier League opponent.
* Son Heung-min has scored in five successive Spurs appearances in all competitions.
*United are unbeaten in 11 matches in all competitions, winning eight, scoring 29 times and keeping nine clean sheets.
* They have kept four clean sheets in their last five top-flight matches, as many as in their previous 35 Premier League games combined.
* However, United have only won four of their past 18 Premier League away matches.
*This will be Manchester United’s first ever visit to the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium. The Red Devils have won at every London ground in which they have played in the Premier League. They are one of only four clubs to have done so – Chelsea, Liverpool and Tottenham being the other three.
* Nemanja Matic could make his 200th Premier League appearance.
*Manchester United have won three of the last four meetings in all competitions, losing one.
* United could win consecutive Premier League away matches against Spurs for the first time since a run of six between September 2001 and February 2007.
*Since his Premier League debut, Bruno Fernandes leads United’s charts for goal involvement (two goals, three assists), chances created (11) and most shots (19).